I love sundays in the fall. While you’ll rarely find me watching football, you might find me “pretending” to watch football (ie. girl talk with friends over a good meal). As the temps continue to drop and the sweatshirts come out, nothing is cozier than sharing a warm bowl of hearty chili with friends.
I’m pretty much the girl that everyone begs not to talk during the game, but always the girl who gets invited to the Super Bowl party and asked to bring something “healthy but delicious”. This definitely meets both criteria!
Top with 1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese, Salsa, Light Sour Cream or a tbsp of Guacamole!
Touchdown Turkey Chili
1 Package 99% Lean Ground Turkey
2 cups Crushed Tomatoes
2 Medium Yellow Onions, Diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
2 Medium Carrots, Diced
1 Cup Red Kidney Beans
1 Cup Water
1 tsp Cornstarch
Zero Calorie Cooking Spray
1/4 tsp each of Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Cumin, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1) Heat big sauce pot over medium heat and spray with zero calorie cooking spray.
2) Add diced onions, bell peppers and carrots to pot and allow to caramelize.
3) Add ground turkey meat and chop up into small piece with spoon, allow to brown.
4) Add crushed tomatoes, and red kidney beans to mixture.
5) Add 1 cup Water and 1 tsp Cornstarch
6) Add 1/4 tsp of each seasoning, adding more cayenne pepper and chili powder if you like your chili extra spicy!
7) Allow chili to cook on low to medium heat uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts (per 1 Serving): 250 calories; 25 grams Carbohydrates; 2 grams Fat; 33 grams Protein; 8 grams Fiber
1 serving is 2 cups of Chili.